Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Something's missing...

I am happily planning on following the something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, tradition; but I have a little problem... I'm missing one of them...

Let me share the non missing elements of this tradition first. My "something old," is very special to me. I would say other than my engagement ring, it is my most important piece of jewelry. I've had since I was a little girl, thus making it "old." Before my Great Grandmother passed away, she took diamonds out of her jewelry and made matching necklaces for all of her five great grand daughters. It was presented to us in a lovely silver heart box. I've worn it for many special events in my life, graduations, funerals, special performances, and I always knew I would wear it on my wedding day. I know it will make my Grandmother, Aunts, Cousins, Mother, Father, basically everyone who will recognize it so happy to see me wearing it.
The box (That really needs to be polished)
Personal Photos
I couldn't imagine myself wearing any other necklace. My Mother always tells me how much my Great Grandmother loved me. I was very young when she passed away, and I am so happy to have a part of her with me on my wedding day. 

My something new could be many different things; my dress, my veil, my ring etc. But I'm choosing to make it something that I will be wearing for the first time on my wedding day, I will not have tried it on prior. My wedding undies!
Mine are similar to these, but they say bride on the top :)


I've already shared my something blue wedding shoes, but I'll share then again because  I love them so...
Personal Photo
By this point you know what I'm missing, my something borrowed.
Image via wikipedia
(A good beach read if you haven't read it yet)

I did have some ideas early on. I was going to borrow my MOH's veil but I ended up buying a veil I fell in love with on Etsy. Then I was thinking I would borrow my Mother's diamond earrings, but Mr. Castle bought me some beautiful Tiffany Pearl earrings for my birthday and I decided I must wear them for the wedding! By this point other wedding stresses took over and I forgot to find something to borrow...I'm sure I'll come up with something when I'm in California around family and friends, but as of now I have no ideas.

So I'm turning to you hive in the hopes that you can give me some ideas. What is your something borrowed?

1 comment:

  1. My something new was the same. I struggled with all of these to be honest. My borrowed was a charm bracelet that was my Mum's, though I didn't wear it on the day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!