Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Breakfast at Miss Castle's!

Since my lovely engament ring came from Tiffany's and our engagment story got featured on the Tiffany and Co website, my Matron of Honor decided she MUST throw me a Tiffany themed bridal shower! It took place in California during our last trip out before the wedding. She did such an amazing job, she should be a party planner really! I'll let the photos do the talking.
The sweets table!
Cake, cupcakes, and cake pops! All in Tiffany Blue.
MOH N got pictures of Mr. Castle and I as kids and adults and put them on display, along with my Mom's cake topper. You can also see her hat veil hanging from the mirror. Oh and the Minnie bride ears from when MOH N got married. :)
This was the game table. On the tray were the favors, Tiffany blue matchbooks that said, "Miss Castle's* Bridal shower."
I think I need to stop here and talk about our amazing gift from Matron of Honor N that also was displayed on this table. Here's a close up.
Yep, that's a painting of Mr. Castle and I with our kitties! Isn't that awesome?! MOH's cousin is an artist and made this painting from a photo of us she got on Facebook. It's one of the photos I used in my intro post! Didn't she do an amazing job?!?! She actually makes paintings like this all the time and just created an Etsy shop, Daniellasunflower. This was such a unique amazing gift. I never thought I would have a painting of myself and my three favorite boys!

OK back to the shower!
The food! Bagels, fruit, croissants, all keeping with the Breakfast at Tiffany's Theme.
And a champagne bar of course! MOH N got these cute wine glass charms for the bottom of all the glasses. They also featured the Tiffany blue and read, "Miss Castle's* bridal shower" 

I should also note before we get to pictures of me at the shower, I had my makeup trial that morning. I don't have a great shot of my face because right when she finished I was rushing around to help with last min prep and forgot to take a picture!
Opening a sweet card from FSIL Castle
I've mentioned I love turtles right? My grandma found me this cute turtle bride!
You all know what big Disney nerds the Castles are... I was super excited to unwrap this gift.
A beautiful cross stitch made by FMIL. 
Cutting the yummy cake!
Posing with the best Matron of Honor ever! She gave me such an amazing day full of wonderful memories.
Rocking Mom's hat veil. She was calling me a bee keeper with it on.
My Mother and Mr. Castles Mom
With my future sister in-law!

There are so many other details that I don't have photos of! My MOH read "The Good Wife's Guide" published in Housekeeping Monthly in 1955. It was a list of advice on being a good wife. You can find a copy of it here. My favorite excerpt: "Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first- remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours." LOL. We had fun with that!

My MOH also had a photographer friend come and take all the pictures so she, and I, didn't have to think about it. So all the photos are by the lovely Nicole Rose. After this great experience, I recommend to anyone hosting or having a shower to have someone come just to take pictures. Or enlist a friend to make it their job to photo document the day. Takes the pressure off the host, and the bride! Especially if that bride is a blogger and is photo obsessed. :) 

I'll end with this fun picture of MOH N, me, and my friend Becky's shoes! I love shoe pictures. Although, mine are lame next to theirs! Also if you couldn't already tell, I had just gotten a spray tan... I wish my legs were that tan!

Did your shower have a theme? Any one else have a Tiffany themed shower??
*It said my real name not Miss Castle :)

3 comments:

  1. Everything is so lovely! What a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I looove it. I am a fan of bridal showers at home because you can really add a lot of detail. Your Shower was full of details...lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post as Tifany Blue was one of my wedding colours and therefore so was my shower.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!