Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

We Start Today: Rehearsal Luncheon

I was so glad to have finally made it to our rehearsal luncheon. It felt like everything was downhill from here. No more planning, no more stress about getting things finished in time. We got to relax and enjoy some quality time with our family and closest friends.
MIL Castle brought some of my favorite orange flowers for the center of each table!

Our rehearsal luncheon was held at the local Buca di Beppo. It was conveniently only about ten minutes away from our venue, and since it was lunch time on a Friday afternoon we had most of the place to ourselves. 
Some of the tables at our Luncheon

The food was really great and the company was even better! We kept everything pretty casual, but Mr. Castle's Dad did give a toast. He started his toast by saying, "You know the saying, 'speak now or forever hold your peace'...well I'm going to speak now and tomorrow I'll hold my peace..." This made Mr. Castle laugh hysterically which in turn made everyone else laugh. Once everyone settled down he went on to give a very thoughtful toast which brought some tears to my eyes.

After desert we gave our bridal party their gifts. We decided to give our parents their gifts at a separate time so there wasn't a big "show" of it. One of my favorite memories of the day was giving my Dad his gift, an embroidered handkerchief, after the rehearsal. It was just the two of us and it was really special to be able to sincerely thank him for everything without the pressure of knowing a room full of people were watching our exchange. My Dad even shed a few tears which I have only seen him do about twice in my lifetime. 

Before our lunch was over we had to get a couple more shots with our awesome bridal party! Starting with our adorable ring bearers!
I really can't stand their cuteness
I promised a better picture of their shirts. How cute is that?!
The boys. Someone commented on facebook that the way the groomsmen have their arms around Mr. Castle's shoulders makes it look like a small child is holding onto his back. I can never look at this picture without thinking that. 
The girls with our little honorary bridesmaid, our best man's daughter.
And finally a shot of Mr. Castle and I!

We said our goodbyes and went back to my Moms house to relax for a bit. Before I knew it it was time to say my final goodbye to Mr. Castle! I wouldn't be seeing him again until my walk down the aisle. I headed over to the hotel with my bridesmaids and actually went to bed at a decent hour! Next up, the morning of our wedding day! 

What about you? Was your rehearsal dinner/luncheon more formal or casual?
All Photos are personal 
Miss a recap? Check it out below!

We start at the end with a surprise wedding video!

We rehearse!

1 comment:

  1. HOW ADORABLE are your ring security shirts!! too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!