Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

We Start Today: Becoming a Bride

This was one of my favorite parts of the day. My Mom and my best friends were with me and it was time to get into my wedding dress!
All Photos by the amazing Palos Studio
It started with Bridesmaid L getting down my dress for me. She's the tallest :)
I had plenty of help getting into my dress and I seriously needed it. My dress was altered to fit my body perfectly and when I say perfectly I mean it was really tight. During one of my fittings I pulled it up to fast over my hips and ripped something... All the girls knew how paranoid I was about doing that again. They helped me pull it up slowly so that I wouldn't hear that dreaded rip!
The dress made it up with no problems. Whew!
Holding my dress together so MOH N could zip it up
All zipped up! Now it was time to take care of all those buttons.
They told me I wasn't allowed to pee all night because in order to do so I would have to take my dress off and they were not going to undo all those buttons! My dress was so tight I could barely sit down let alone pull it up to pee. Spoiler alert, I didn't pee until Mr. Castle and I got to our hotel that night!
I think in this picture I'm laughing at how long it's taking to get all the buttons done. They were also telling me I already had my last pee as an un-married women.
Once the buttons were done, MOH N helped me put on my "something old" necklace
And then my "something borrowed" bracelet. MOH N lent me the bracelet she wore on her wedding day. 
Next up it was time to add the sash MIL Castle had made for me. Had to get a shot of my special hidden turtle!
My Mom said the only thing she could do was help with my shoes because her hands were too shaky for anything else. 
My "something blue" shoes. And my Mom's silver shoes! Aren't they cute?!
I'm pretty sure this picture was taken as my Mom was helping me into my shoes
Bridesmaid L helped me with my veil
We were excited
I love these next two pictures of the girls reactions as I finished up with all my bridal accessories.
I thought I was all set but still asked, "Am I forgetting anything?" Our photographer Erin immediately said, "Garter!" Ahh! How could I forget that! My special Angels garter.
Bridesmaid C helped me slide it into position
Mr. Castle is a dye heart Anaheim Angels fan. I wanted this to be a wedding day surprise but he saw a picture of it in my favorites folder on etsy! Oh well. He still loved it and was happy I was supporting his team on our wedding day.
I heart this photo.
It was really special that each of my closest friends along with my Mom helped me with a part of my bridal attire. My favorite ladies in the world helped turn me into bride! I couldn't believe that this part was over! I was dressed! I was a bride! I was getting married!!!!! 

How did you feel when you were finally dressed on your wedding day?

Coming up next some bridal portraits!
Miss a recap? Check it out below!
We start at the end with a surprise wedding video!
We start the day with singing, dancing, and an earthquake
I get my hair and makeup done
We arrive at our venue and Mr. Castle asks for some makeup

1 comment:

  1. awwwww that flower belt adds so much to your dress...you look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!