Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Photo book tradition

If you recall my post about finding our photographer, I had mentioned that our package came with an engagement photo session. We weren't sure we were going to have time for the shoot on any of our visits to California. Our final trip before the wedding was in February and we figured if we were going to do it, it had to be then. When thinking of a location for said photos, Mr. Castle and I agreed it had to be Disneyland. Mr. Castle still had some comp tickets left over from when he worked for the company. We thought, "When will we ever have another chance to have professional photos taken at Disneyland?" Never. Then when Mr. Castle said, "Well, what are we going to do with those pictures?" I said, "Well that solves our guest book debate, we'll have a Disney engagement photo guest book!" I was pretty excited...
not only because of the Disneyland photos, but because photo books have become kind of a tradition with Mr. Caslte and I. I have made him a photobook every birthday for the five years we have been together.
Five photo books for five years of being together!

We love going back through and looking at what we did that year in our relationship. It also helps clear up things when Mr. Caslte says things like, "No we went to Disney World in 2009." And I can pull out the book and say, "Sorry babe it was actually 2008."

As I mentioned in a previous post, there are so many unique and awesome ideas out there for guest books. This photo shoot made the decision a lot easier, and really felt like our style. I usually make Mr. Castle's photo books through Shutterfly, which I have always been happy with. After reading some reviews provided by Miss Coyote and Mrs. Meerkat, I thought I would try a new company for our guest book. Even though I love our shutterfly books I wanted something that was a little nicer quality. I had read amazing reviews for Adoramapix not only here in the hive, but from tons of reviews online. It was also the only photo book I found that will open flat.

We didn't even have to pay for shipping because they had an option to pick up your photo book from their NYC store! Score!
The Cover
 Mr. Castle let me include a quote from one of my favorite Disney movies :)
One of the pages for guests to sign
The last page

I have to say the reviews were right, this book is such good quality. The cover and pages are thicker, it opens flat, and even the picture quality is a little nicer. I am SO happy with how it turned out and I think it was well worth the extra money to order from Adoramapix.
Photo by Palos Studio
The Castles in front of their favorite Castle! This picture is in our book but me taking a picture of it in the book doesn't do it justice.

Now that we have our guest book I guess it's time to start finding some pens! Thats where I need help! Anyone else have a photo guest book? What kind of pen did you use?? Did you go for one color or multiple colors?

All Photos personal unless otherwise stated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!