Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Orange you glad you're reading this blog?

One thing I had decided long before getting engaged was what my wedding color would be...


ORANGE!

I am so in love with the color orange. I love to wear orange, paint my nails orange, decorate my home with orange, the list goes on and on. When coloring with the little boy I watch, he always gives me the orange crayon because he knows it's my favorite. When I was 16 I painted my bedroom bright orange. I'm pretty sure the name of the paint was pumpkin or Halloween. It was awesome. The bright color makes me so happy. When people ask, "What are your wedding colors?" and I say "orange" the response is usually, "Orange!?!? That's interesting...Why orange??" Because its my favorite color that's why!

I did think that we needed a secondary color as well.  I didn't want our wedding to look too Halloweenish... So I thought well what looks good with orange?






My first thought was maybe a purple and orange? They look good together. I was even considering having my bridesmaids wear purple dresses and hold orange flowers. I knew my girls would probably be happier wearing purple than orange. But after pondering this for a couple weeks I decided purple was not "me." I felt it would take away from the orange which was supposed to be the "star" color. And I always imagined the girls wearing orange dresses so I decided to stick with my gut.

Our next thought was:

GREEN


I think it looks pretty good with orange. After considering this option I saw this picture on a friends fb page and it really helped finalize the decision in my mind.

Photo courtesy good friend Megan Swanson/ It's so "spring time"

Another reason I'm loving the idea of incorporating some green here and there is because before I fell in love with orange, I always thought my wedding would be green. Green is my Mother's favorite color but when she got married in the 80s it was not an option for her wedding color. She ended up having to go with pink and she is soooo not a pink person. I always thought, I'm going to have a green wedding for my Mom. So our color scheme fits both of the things I said I wanted long before ever getting engaged. Another cute and fun fact, when Mr. Castle and I met his car was orange and mine was green. :) It was meant to be...

What are your colors? Did you have them picked before even becoming engaged like I did?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!