Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

We Start Today: Here Comes the Bride

Mr. Castle was ready to see his bride. I can only imagine what was going on in his head. Look at all the different emotions that were on his face!

Photography by the amazing Palos Studio
As I waited in the bridal suite with my Dad, I started to feel those nervous butterflies. I thought about how this event was the focus of my life for the last 15 months and I couldn't believe it was finally here. I joked around with my Dad and asked if he was going to cry. He said he wasn't, which was a lie because he definitely did. Right before we were about to walk out the door I noticed a huge beetle in my path! I didn't want it making a new home in my train...so I asked my Dad to please get rid of it. He saved the day by kicking it out of the way. Then it was time to go!

The music began, an instrumental version of "Rainbow Connection." We got our cue to go and we begain our journey down the aisle.
The way the entrance works at Padua is you come in from the side, stop at the top of the stairs and then make your way down the aisle.
I didn't want to look at Mr. Castle until I made it down the stairs. I know that sounds strange but I couldn't really see him over people's heads and I wanted to be able to make eye contact!
We made it down the stairs but I still couldn't see him...
But I think he could see me!
Since I couldn't see Mr. Castle I gave some love to one of my dear friends who was sitting on the aisle.
Finally I laid eyes on my groom.
And that's when the tears came. My Dad and I pretty much have the same face in this picture. We were both trying to keep our emotions in check.

When my Dad and I reached the front of the aisle we turned to each other. 
He gave me a huge hug and whispered, "I love you babe," in my ear.
That got me good. I was trying really hard to hold it together, but I was losing it fast. My Dad turned to Mr. Castle and gave him a big hug as well.
Look at my face!
Our next instructions were for my Dad to take my hand and place it into Mr. Castles. When my Dad went to grab my hand I was still dabbing my eyes with my tissue so I said, "Give me a second!" Of course my Dad, Mr. Castle and anyone else who heard started laughing.
My Dad placed my hand in Mr. Castles
Mr. Castle took my hand and placed it on his arm.
I was so excited!

Mr Castle and I walked up the steps an onto the gazebo. We were finally here and we were so ready to get married.
Miss a recap? Check it out below!                         
We start at the end with a surprise wedding video!                                            
We rehearse                                                                                                      
Our rehearsal luncheon                              
We start the day with singing, dancing, and an earthquake
I get my hair and makeup done
We arrive at our venue and Mr. Castle asks for some makeup
With the help of my Mom and bridesmaids I get into my dress!
I take some solo shots of me as a bride
My handsome groom and his men 
Some family shots and first look regret
Photos with my Bridesmaids!
I get a three generations photos with my Mother and Grandmother
Waiting for the ceremony to start AND how our amazing vendors saved the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!